The Academic Learning Centre is here to help you succeed! Please use the link below to schedule an appointment or sign-up for an ALC Workshop.
- Use our online scheduler to book a 30 or 60 minute FACE-TO-FACE appointment, a 60 minute EMAIL appointment (see instructions on the online booking form for email appointments), or to sign up for a Skills & Strategies Workshop.
HOW THE ALC CAN HELP YOU
Basic editing and organization of assignments
- Sometimes you need a second set of eyes to find those basic typos! However, we are not an editing service and we will not catch or identify all your errors. We can guide you to edit your own paper and help you figure out when sentences don’t make sense or you’ve made simple mistakes. We will also try to help you understand how to fix repeated grammatical errors so that your writing skills improve.
Preparation and planning of assignments
- Before you begin your essay or project, you need to make sure you understand the requirements and create a plan for a well-organized and well-supported paper. We can help! Come early to take advantage of our full support and make sure you start off on the right track!
APA, MLA, and Chicago formatting, citations, and references
- Different courses and subject fields have different requirements when it comes to following style guides. We can help you find the correct guide and navigate the, sometimes very confusing, rules for formatting, citations and reference pages.
Content specific support and study groups
- If you are having difficulty understanding your class materials, we will work through them together to make sure you leave with a better grasp of the information being presented to you. Stressed out by a big test? Let us help! We can help you come up with a strategy to study both efficiently and effectively. We can also schedule and guide group study sessions as needed.
Skills workshops of writing, editing, reading, time management & more!
- Watch your email inbox for announcements on upcoming workshops and/or click the link above to view and register for Skills & Strategies Workshops