July 15, 2020
Booth UC has created a re-opening plan effective July 6, 2020, which allows employees to return to campus gradually with the following safety protocols in place.
- Training workshop for all employees and students
- A staggered return-to-campus schedule
- Rotating work schedules
- An ample supply of recommended PPE available
- Cleaning and Sanitizing supplies available for use
- Fixed property distancing equipment/signs installed (Floor markers, signs, Plexiglass shields, sanitizing stations, touchless garbage cans)
Booth UC will be closed to the public for the fall term, except by appointment with a specific individual or department for a Booth UC related reason.
Anyone coming to campus (staff, faculty, students and visitors) will be required to complete a self-screening declaration before entering and must adhere to social distancing guidelines posted throughout campus.
Fall Term Delivery
- The fall term will be delivered virtually in the time slots assigned. Instructors will choose how that time is used; however, instructors may, given social restrictions in place in September, opt to have limited face-to-face classes (number of students and room availability to be determined).
- Even if an instructor opts for some face-to face meetings, all classes will be delivered virtually as well for students that may not be in Winnipeg or who cannot come to campus. Instructors will be responsible for communication with students.
- Faculty office hours will be virtual only.
- Plans for Field Education and practicum placements are being developed. The Field Education Coordinator has been securing placements and working with agencies to ensure student safety.
- Open library in August to Booth UC students only, while maintaining social distancing.
- Booth UC has increased the number of online courses through the School for Continuing Studies to give students more options. These are fully online, asynchronous courses.
- Booth University College will be allowing students in residence. All four floors may be utilized.
- The community kitchen will be closed, and the Bistro will provide 2 meals 7 days/week. The Bistro will provide weekend meals with no additional cost to the food plan.
- Students coming from out of province will be required to self-quarantine for two weeks and attend all their classes virtually.
- Shared spaces will be managed using bubble theory.
- Residence deposits are refundable till August 1, 2020.
- Students travelling outside the province of MB during the fall term, will be required to follow the provincial governments directives upon their return.
- New Student Orientation will be conducted through an on-line course in Populi.
- Welcome Week activities are still being planned and may include a number of virtual and in-person, while maintaining social distancing.
- The Academic Learning Centre will continue to run virtually, including workshops.
- Student programming and events will be done virtually.
- Personal/Mental Health supports will be provided virtually where possible. Some one-on-one may be provided while maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- Booth UC Community gatherings will continue virtually.
- Bistro will re-open for takeout or delivery only, to serve residence students, commuter students, and employees.
- Booth University College will not be accepting any outside rental groups over the Fall term.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed, where needed, to allow work to continue where distancing may be difficult.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed at the main entrance and strategic locations throughout the institution.
- Disinfecting / Cleaning of the facilities have been increased.
- Common spaces will be closed.
- Signage has been provided to direct students and employees to endure provincial directives on social distancing are met.
We will update the BoothUC.ca website and send bulletins to the Booth UC Community as new information and initiatives are available.
Understanding the situation is ever-changing, any general questions not addressed here can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
World Health Organization:
Public Health Agency of Canada:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Health Links – please call 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257