Invest in your future. Given today’s complex international business world, there’s a strong demand for skilled, knowledgeable, ethical and engaged global business professionals. Our program establishes competence in key areas of business, with courses examing financial crimes, ethics and cybersecurity to give you an edge in today’s job market.
The Bachelor of Business Administration through the School of Business is a four year (120 credit hour) offering designed as a rigorous general business program.
In addition to the broad education of the liberal arts core, the Bachelor of Business Administration degree teaches the knowledge and skills for successful entry into business in either for-profit or not-for-profit organizations. While focusing on establishing competence in five basic areas of business, the degree also provides scope to deepen expertise in one or more of these areas.
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Production Operations
Our courses qualify as prerequisite courses as part of the admissions process into the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Professional Education Program. For more information, read the CPA Transfer Credit Guide.
In addition to the Institutional Learning Outcomes, the Bachelor of Business Administration program seeks to develop the following intellectual abilities and skills in its students:
- A basic theoretical foundation in the key areas of business
- Keen awareness of the ethics of good business, as appropriate to a Christian university college
- Practical application of business theory to complex business problems
- Integration of business knowledge across disciplines
- Application of critical thinking skills to business problems
- Risk taking skills
- Interaction with real business cases, business simulations, on-site visits and business projects
- Tools and opportunities to lead a team and encourage teamwork
- Preparedness for the pursuit of graduate studies in business or a professional designation
Business Minor Requirements
18 credits in BUS designated courses, including 6 credits at the 300 level or higher.
Minimum of 120 credit hours comprised of:
- Minimum of 42 credits in the core curriculum
- Minimum of 60 credits at the senior level
Bachelor of Business Administration Requirements
60 credit hours in the discipline, including 45 credits of required courses and 15 credit hours of electives in the discipline
- BUS 110 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3)
- BUS 190 Business Essentials (3)
- ECO 110 Introduction to Microeconomics (3)
- ECO 120 Introduction to Macroeconomics (3)
- BUS 221 Finance Essentials (3)
- BUS 230 Marketing (3)
- BUS 240 Human Resource Management (3)
- BUS 250 Organizational Behaviour (3)
- BUS 260 Production Operations (3)
- BUS 270 Business Information Systems (3)
- BUS 319 Fraud Examination (3)
- BUS 330 Public Relations (3)
- BUS 392 Business Ethics and Social Responsibility (3)
- BUS 394 Business Law – Canada (3)
- BUS/MAT 397 Business Statistics (3)
(Choose 15 credits, including a minimum of 6 credits at the 400 level)
- BUS 175/MIS 175 Cybersecurity (3)
- BUS 176/MIS 176 Cyber Intelligence (3)
- BUS 212 Managerial Accounting (3)
- BUS 310 Intermediate Accounting 1 (3)
- BUS 311 Intermediate Accounting 2 (3)
- BUS 335 Marketing in a Not For Profit Environment (3)
- BUS 338 Consumer Behaviour (3)
- BUS 352 Leadership (3)
- BUS 381 Financial Crimes and Compliance Management 1(3)
- BUS 382 Financial Crimes and Compliance Management 2 (3)
- BUS 393 Project Management (3)
- BUS 395 Selected Topics in Business (3)
- BUS 410 Auditing Strategy (3)
- BUS 419 Fraud Risk, Analysis and Investigation (3)
- BUS 453 Leading Change in an Organization (3)
- BUS 470 Big Data Analysis (3)
- BUS 480 Business Application Project (3)
- BUS 490 International Entrepreneurship Internship (6)
- BUS 491 Business Strategy (3)
- BUS 492 International Business (3)
- BUS 494 Creativity, Innovation and Negotiation (3)
- BUS 495 Independent Study in Business (3)
- BUS 499 Advanced Selected Topics In Business (3)
All Bachelor of Business Administration students are required to take either PSY 120/121 (6) or SOC 100 (6) for their social science in the general core.
Detailed information on course options is available in the Academic Calendar.
“I chose Booth because of their values and mission for education. Booth isn’t like any other university. It is an institution that does not just give you a high standard education, but purpose to use that education to bring it to the real world and make an impact in the community.”
– Josh Tampai, Student, Bachelor of Business Administration
Interested in Applying?
Go to the Admissions page to get started.
NEW! Cybersecurity Courses
For more information about the School of Business, the Bachelor of Business Administration, or other Booth University College programs and admissions, contact our Admissions team.
Phone: 204-924-4887 or toll-free:
877-942-6684 ext. 887
Visit: 447 Webb Place, Room 107
(main floor beside Booth Bistro),
Go to the Admissions page to meet the Booth UC Admissions team.
Meet Our Faculty
Go to the Staff Directory to contact our School of Business Faculty members.
A Bachelor of Business Administration from Booth University College gives you the business foundation needed to be successful in fields such as:
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resources
- Not-for-Profit Management
- Project Management
- Public Relations