Searching For Books
Virtually browse the shelves
When you find a book that goes well with your topic and you want to see what would be around it on the shelf, click on Browse the Shelf on the book’s item details page. You can use the arrow keys on either side to see what other books have been shelved in that subject and may be useful for your papers.
Articles & Databases
- PsycInfo & Proquest Psychology: APA psychology index of journals covering clinical and social psychology, psychology of business and economics, communication, criminology, addiction, neurology, social welfare, and more.
- Academic Search Premier: indexes journals and magazines from all subject areas, some full-text available.
- BioMed Central: BioMed Central is an Science, Technology, and Medicine publisher of open access, online, peer-reviewed journals. The portfolio of journals spans areas of biology and medicine and includes broad interest title alongside specifialist journals.
- PILOTS PTSD: articles from academic journals and books specializing in trauma.
- JSTOR: Back issues of important scholarly journals. All full text.
- SocINDEX with Full Text: Full-text articles from academic journals and citations to books from sociology and related fields.
- PubMed: Citations to articles on Medicine, Health, Life sciences
- Free Medical Journals: The Free Medical Journals site was created to promote the free availability of full-text medical journals on the internet. Over the next few years, many important medical journals will be available online, free and in full text. The unrestricted access to scientific knowledge will have a major impact on medical practice.
- CogPrints: Electronic preprint archive for self-archive papers in any area of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics, and many areas of Computer Science that are pertinent to the study of cognition.
- Theses Canada: Contains full text Canadian theses.