Greetings, International Student. Explore this page for resources and services which will support you throughout your academic experience at Booth University College. As an international student, you'll find dedicated assistance and guidance at every stage of your learning journey.
International Student Supports
We have supports to help you through the whole student experience. As you plan your arrival and adjust to life in Winnipeg, trust Student Services to help you through the transition.
Travel to Winnipeg
We're excited that you'll be joining the Booth University College community and we look forward to your arrival.
As an international student, you will require a Study Permit. Allow plenty of time to go through this process. Booth University College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI# O19147992362).
Our Student Services Coordinator is certified as a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor. We can provide immigration advice to international students and their dependents about study permits, temporary resident visas, and study permits related to other permits available in Canadian immigration programs.
International Student Resources Group
There's lots to consider when studying as an international student. The International Student Resources Group is meant to help you through any challenges and connect you with other international students. It includes tutorials on how to do things, resources for international students, and a chat room/discussion tab to connect with students and staff. Students can find this group in the Populi Information System under the groups tab.
Admissions Pathway for International Ukrainian Students
Booth UC is committed to helping international Ukrainian students through the application process and welcoming you to our student community.
If you arrived in Canada from the Ukraine in the past 12 months:
- Dedicated Admissions Counsellor: a dedicated admissions counsellor will walk you through the application process.
- No Application Fee: the $150 international application fee will be waived.
- No Admissions Deposit: an admissions deposit of $500 will not be required to obtain an offer letter.
- Domestic Tuition Fees: pay domestic tuition fees rather than international tuition fees.
- Duolingo English Test: the Duolingo English language test will be accepted, with a minimum score of 105.
- Bursaries and Financial Aid: you may be eligible for Needs Bursaries, as well as other awards and scholarships through our Financial Aid program.
- Student Services: international student arrival supports via Student Services.
- Counselling: specialized counselling support through the Telus Health Student Support Program.