In cooperation with The Salvation Army’s College for Officer Training (CFOT), this three-year bachelor degree program prepares students for Salvation Army officership by providing them with foundational knowledge in biblical and theological Studies, an understanding of the contemporary world, and the ministry skills necessary for their work as Salvation Army officers.
College for Officer Training (CFOT) Integrated Program, Canada and Bermuda Territory
Three-Year Degree Program (100 credit hours)
This program is open to cadets in The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territory.
This integrated program is offered in co-operation with The Salvation Army’s College for Officer Training (CFOT). During the portion of the program that is taken at CFOT, students prepare for commissioning and ordination as Salvation Army officers. After the completion of the CFOT component of the program, students finish their bachelor degree requirements directly with Booth University College.
In addition to the Institutional Learning Outcomes, on successful completion of this bachelor degree program, it is expected that students will:
- Have a sound knowledge of the biblical and theological basis for their Christian faith, including the Wesleyan theological tradition;
- Have a better understanding of the context in which they minister;
- Have broadened and strengthened their ministry skills;
- Have the skills necessary for ongoing study and research in order to continue to be informed Christian leaders in a changing world;
- Be developing a Christian worldview which will enable them to live as Christian witnesses and to serve as Christian leaders in society.
Program Admission and Continuance Criteria
This bachelor degree program is only open to Salvation Army cadets and officers in the Canada and Bermuda Territory. Admission to the bachelor degree program is restricted to those who have been accepted by The Salvation Army in the Canada and Bermuda Territories as cadets. While the completion of the bachelor degree requirements is the primary concern of Booth University College, The Salvation Army alone makes decisions about the suitability of a cadet for commissioning and ordination. If a student ceases to be a cadet for Salvation Army officership, that student will not be allowed to continue in this bachelor degree program. However, with the permission of the Academic Dean, the student may be allowed to transfer into another bachelor degree program offered by Booth University College.
Students complete a total of 100 credit hours in this program with two major components: 73 credit hours completed during officer training at CFOT and 27 credit hours post-CFOT at Booth University College. Prior to attending CFOT, candidates enroll in MIN140 Introduction to Officership (3). Students must complete 18 credit hours above the introductory level in biblical and theological Studies.
- Minimum Required Program CGPA: 2.0
- Minimum required GPA in all courses that constitute the major: 2.0
- HIS206 History of The Salvation Army (3)
- HIS209 Church History (3)
- MGT265 Introduction to Salvation Army Business and Management (3)
- MIN103 Spiritual Formation (3)
- MIN130 The Salvation Army Mission through the Local Context (3)
- MIN140 Introduction to Officership (3)
- MIN181 Field Seminar I (2)
- MIN182 Field Seminar II (2)
- MIN183 Field Seminar III (2)
- MIN241 Worship Foundations (3)
- MIN243 Homiletics I (3)
- MIN244 Introduction to Pastoral Care (3)
- MIN268 Organizational Leadership (3)
- MIN281 Field Seminar IV (2)
- MIN282 Field Seminar V (2)
- MIN343 Homiletics II (3)
- MIN344 Professional Ethics for Ministry (3)
- REL126 Salvation Army Theology I (3)
- REL127 Salvation Army Theology II (3)
- REL200 Biblical Foundations (Old Testament) (3)
- REL201 Biblical Foundations (New Testament) (3)
- REL302 Studies in the Pentateuch (3)
- REL303 Old Testament Prophets (3)
- REL310 Jesus of Nazareth (3)
- REL311 Paul the Apostle (3)
- REL330 Wesleyan Distinctives in Theology (3)
Post-College for Officer Training (CFOT) Component
- Religion course (3)
- Arts and Sciences courses (21)
- Christian Ministry course (3)
Why do you like the School for Continuing Studies?
“Fellowship – You can study in the comfort of your home, and when you come to Booth UC for an intensive course, you are amongst people who are like-minded, who want to study, who have the same purpose and who support you and cheer you on to success. “
Lieutenant Sam Tim (BA BTS/20)
Booth University College is proud to offer affordable Christian higher education through our School for Continuing Studies programs.
Hybrid Campus Accommodations
If you’re going to stay in residence on the Booth University College campus for your intensive classes, download and complete the accommodation form.
How to Apply
This program is offered in cooperation with The Salvation Army’s College for Officer Training (CFOT) and is restricted to those who have been accepted by The Salvation Army in the Canada and Bermuda Territory as cadets.