Admissions Requirements

The educational programs of Booth University College are open to all qualified applicants. 

Manitoba Students

Manitoba applicants must have graduated from high school with five full credits (courses) at the Grade 12 level with a final overall average of 65 percent or higher. All five must be at the S (Specialized) or U (Dual Credit-University) level. English must be included in the five courses.

Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Arts – Psychology degree program applicants should include Math 40S (or equivalent) with a grade of 65% or higher in the five full credits at the grade 12 level. Applicants who have not completed Math 40S (or equivalent) with a grade of 65% or higher will be required to complete MAT 100 Applied Finite Math with a grade of C or better in their first semester at Booth University College.

Bachelor of Social Work High School Direct Entry applicants should include courses from math, sciences, social sciences, and humanities, must have a minimum of 80 percent average in their final year of high school, and a minimum of 80 percent in grade 12 English. Applicants must also complete a social work program admission process which includes submitting a resume, a personal statement, and two letters of reference. Applicants must also have relevant work or volunteer experience and will be required to take part in an in-person interview. Visit the Social Work degree program admission page for details

Canadian Students from Outside of Manitoba

All out-of-province applicants must have high school credits that are equivalent to Manitoba levels. Please do not hesitate to contact Admissions if you need assistance.

Transfer Student or Second Degree Student 

Students who have completed course work at an approved post-secondary institution may enter Booth University College as transfer students. An entering CGPA of 2.0 or higher is required.

An entering CGPA of 2.5 or higher is required for transfer students to the Bachelor of Social Work degree program or the Social Work After-Degree program. Learn more on the Transfer Credit assessment page.

Social Work After-Degree Program

Booth University College offers a concentrated two-year after-degree Bachelor of Social Work degree program for individuals who possess a suitable undergraduate degree as preparation for social work. Students require admission to both the University College and the Social Work program. An entering CGPA of 2.5 or better is required. Visit the Social Work degree program admission page for details.

2+2 Social Work Program for Providence University College students and Steinbach Bible College students

Providence University College and Steinbach Bible College students may complete up to 51 approved credit hours of arts and science at their respective institutions prior to admission to Booth University College. Applicants must possess relevant work or volunteer experience. A minimum CGPA of 2.5 is required for admission to the program.

Applicants complete the application process for admission to the Bachelor of Social Work program and Booth UC at the same time. Applicants are encouraged to take SWK110 while completing studies at their respective institutions. Visit the Social Work degree program admission page for details.

Red River College Business Administration Degree Completion Program (RRC 2+2)

To be admitted into this program, students are required to complete Red River College’s two-year Diploma in Business Administration with a grade point average of C or better (2.0). Upon acceptance to the Booth University College Bachelor of Business Administration degree completion program, students will be awarded a block of transfer credits totalling 60 credit hours.

International Applicants

International applicants are expected to have educational standing that is equivalent to Booth University College’s entrance requirements.

For information on English Language proficiency requirements, please visit our information page.

An international transfer applicant’s institution must appear on the International Association of Universities approved list: www.whed.net/home.php . An entering CGPA of 2.0 or higher is required.

An entering CGPA of 2.5 or higher is required for international transfer applicants to the Bachelor of Social Work degree program or the Social Work After-Degree program. Visit the Social Work degree program admission page for details.

To apply for a Canadian study permit on or after June 1, 2014, you will need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution. You need to include the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #), which is the number that begins with the letter “O”, on your application form. Booth University College’s DLI # is O19147992362.

If you are planning to apply for a post-graduate work permit (PGWP) upon completion of your studies, please visit the Government of Canada website to ensure that the program you are considering is eligible for a PGWP.

Special Admission Students 

Students who do not meet all requirements for admission but are allowed to enter Booth University College will be classified as special admission students. Special admission students who carry nine or more credit hours in a given semester or 18 or more credit hours in the regular session will be considered full-time students. Special admission students who carry fewer than nine credit hours per semester will be considered part-time students. There are several categories of Special Admission Students. 

Dean’s Recommendation

In a small number of cases, not to exceed 5% of an incoming class, a student who does not meet entrance requirements may be granted admission on the recommendation of the Academic Dean of Booth University College. Upon successful completion of 30 credits with a CGPA of 2.0 or higher, such students will be accorded full unconditional admission to Booth University College.

Home-Schooled Graduates

Home-schooled graduates will be considered for Booth University College admission on an individual basis. A record prepared by the primary educator showing a complete list of subject areas studied and grades received is requested. Official transcripts from out-of-home educational institutions are required, if applicable. Testimonials from persons who have worked with the home-schooled graduate in tutorials, apprenticeships, community service, and social activities are encouraged. Detailed descriptions of unique home-school courses, in-depth independent projects, competitions, publications and community service activities would help Booth University College’s Admissions team make an informed decision. An academic interview (in person, if possible) prior to the admission decision is also required. Students should contact Admissions to arrange for this interview.

Mature Students

Applicants who do not meet the regular admissions requirements can be considered for admission to full-time or part-time studies as mature students, provided that the following requirements are met:

  • Applicants will be at least 21 years of age during the academic year.
  • Applicants will provide proof of date of birth. This can be verified by a copy of a driver’s license, Manitoba Health Registration Card, Manitoba Metis Federation card or a Treaty card.
  • Applicants can demonstrate the potential for academic success at the University College level by providing letters of reference, transcripts for secondary/high school work completed, and official transcripts for any post-secondary studies completed.

Occasional Students

Students who are not admitted to Booth University College are classified as “occasional students”. These students do not register for courses for certificate, diploma or degree credit. Occasional students may take courses on a credit or audit basis to a maximum of six credit or audit hours per semester. Occasional students do not have to complete an application for admission to Booth University College to enroll in courses. Students who begin studies as occasional students may apply for official admission to Booth University College. If admitted, a maximum of 12 credit hours earned during occasional student status may be applied toward any certificate, diploma or bachelor degree program.

Priority is given in class enrolment to admitted students. Occasional students will not be assigned an academic advisor. For more information, please contact Admissions.

Visiting Students

Those students who are taking courses at Booth University College by submitting a Letter of Permission from their home university/college are classified as “visiting students”. Visiting students who are studying at Booth University College on a part-time basis are not required to complete an application for admission. Visiting students who wish to study full-time at Booth University College must apply to enter the University College as transfer students. For more information please refer to the Transfer for Credit policy in the Academic Policies section of the Academic Calendar.

Admissions FAQ’s

Student Life Requirements 

All Booth University College students are required to comply with the provisions of the Student Life Handbook. By signing the Application for Admission the applicant acknowledges that they have read the Student Life Handbook and will comply with its principles and policies while enrolled as a student at Booth University College.

Student Handbook

Accessibility Services

Student Services assists with confidential academic accommodation and support plans for students who identify themselves as having a learning disability. If this applies to you, please check YES on your Application for Admission to self-identify. For more information, review the Policy for Students with Disabilities section in Booth University College’s Academic Calendar.

If you require additional information, go to the Student Services page to contact someone on our team.

Academic Calendar

English Proficiency

English Proficiency is required. If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or if English is not your primary language, you must demonstrate competency by completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language or an equivalent English language test. Go to the English Proficiency page for details. 

Contact Us

Please do not hesitate to contact Booth University College’s Admissions team if you need assistance.

Download our Viewbook

Check out our latest Viewbook for an overview of our campus and program offerings.