Admissions FAQ’s

Who can I talk to about enrolling at Booth UC?

Our Admissions team is fully operational and working from home. Our Admissions Counsellors can assist prospective students by phone at 1-877-942-6684 or email at Please visit for more information.

Are there internship opportunities at Booth UC?

Experiential learning is a priority at Booth UC! All degree students spend time in the community through Service Learning or practicums within their degree program. Although not paid internships, these experiences immerse students invaluable experiences and serve the community around them.

Does Booth UC have mental health support for students?

Yes – 24 hours a day! We are committed to our student’s mental health, and as such, we have partnered with Telus Health to provide a Student Support Program for all students at no cost. For more information on our student support, please refer to the Student Life section of our website.

When does the Winter 2023 – 2024 term begin?

The Winter 2023-2024 term starts on January 15, 2024.

Do I have to come to campus for class?

We are pleased to announce that the Schools of Business Administration, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Social Work will be delivering courses with one of the following modes of instruction:


These courses are taught with a combination of in-person and virtual learning simultaneously. This classification is also often described using the term “hybrid.” For Booth UC courses, those terms can currently be used interchangeably. These courses have scheduled weekly classes that students can attend in a physical classroom or through Zoom. However, please note that the virtual options will differ across courses at the discretion of each instructor! This means there is not necessarily an automatic option to attend every class virtually. Course syllabi will provide details, and you can contact the instructor with any questions.

On Campus

These courses are taught in a physical classroom on the Booth UC campus with scheduled weekly classes. Some instructors might allow some flexibility in attendance (e.g., virtual attendance in the case of illness, occasional scheduled virtual sessions), but this is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of each instructor. Details are provided on the course syllabi, and you can contact the instructor with any questions.


These courses, sometimes called “distance” courses, do not have mandatory scheduled class sessions. Course materials are distributed asynchronously, and coursework is completed on your own time.

Virtual These courses have scheduled weekly classes taught via Zoom rather than in a physical classroom.

How do I send my transcript when my school is closed?

The Admissions Team will accept digital copies of your transcript to make an assessment. A transcript will be deemed official if emailed directly to from the issuing institution.

For applicants with a MyCreds account, you can share your digital documents with us by selecting the Share option “Send my documents to a registered organization” and then selecting the Booth University College in the Recipient field.

Am I able to attend Booth UC on a part-time or full-time basis?

Yes, students can attend Booth UC either part-time or full-time.

Can I take my program fully online?

Although our degrees are not currently available fully online/virtual, we are developing our capacity in this area.

Are there opportunities for funding available to students?

Yes! In addition to government funding programs, Booth UC has many scholarships and bursaries available. Please visit for details.

I need help with course selection. Who can I contact?

All admitted students are assigned a faculty member as an advisor to help them choose their courses. Please refer to your offer letter for more details.

How do I pay my tuition?

Payment can be made directly through your Populi account. If you do not have a Canadian credit card, you must pay via Please connect with your Admissions Counsellor if you have questions.

International Students

Is my application fee of $150 CAD and offer deposit of $500 CAD refundable?

No, neither the application fee nor the offer deposit are refundable. The offer deposit is applied against tuition.

Is the $9000 CAD International student deposit refundable if I decide not to attend?

Yes! The International student deposit, is due on August 1st or December 1st, depending on your start date and is fully refundable if you decide not to attend Booth UC.

I do not have a study permit. Can I take courses at Booth UC from my home country?

Yes! Some courses will be offered virtually. Go to Apply Now to begin your application.

However, if you register to take courses virtually, from your home country, and are not able to come to Canada for any reason, you will not be refunded the cost of tuition for these courses.

I have questions about obtaining a study permit. Where do I find information?

Please go to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website for information related to obtaining a study permit.

 What if the embassy is closed and I cannot apply for a study permit?

Please go to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website for information related to obtaining a study permit.