Our academic advising program focuses on your development and achievement. You’re in charge of reaching your educational goals, and we’re here to help along the way.
Excellence in Academic Advising
Our core faculty members and program heads are student academic advisors. You’ll be connected with a dedicated professor who is committed to your academic success. They’ll make sure you start the year off right and support you through any academic challenges during the year.
Your academic advisor is committed to:
- Providing timely and accurate academic advising and information in a supportive environment
- Supporting and enhancing your learning and achievement
- Developing links to help ensure your success through your program of study from admission to graduation.
Meeting with your advisor
During the first weeks of class, you’ll meet with your academic advisor to establish goals for the first semester. Be sure to take advantage of this important opportunity:
Make an appointment with your academic advisor when:
- You’re starting a new semester
- You need help during the semester
- You’re making course or program changes
- You’re finishing a semester
- You’re choosing courses for future semesters
When you’re meeting with your academic advisor about course selection, bring a list of courses you’re considering to help make the meeting more productive.
If you need special support, we’re happy to provide accessibility services to help you succeed in your studies. Visit our Accessibility Services page to learn more.