New Student Orientation
New student orientation takes place at the start of every fall and winter term. We’ll help you get familiar with our campus, resources, and relationships to start your studies well. Learn about:
- Student policies
- Student resources and support services
- Academic requirements and advising
- Student clubs, events, and activities
- Late registration and course advising
- Student IDs, bus passes, building and computer access
- Fee payment, student aid, and confirmation of scholarships
International Student Orientation
During the first week of fall and winter terms, we host an International Student Orientation to welcome international students to Booth UC. We’ll help you prepare for the upcoming year, inside and outside of the classroom. At this mandatory orientation, expect to:
- Meet and interact with other international students
- Get tips from second and third-year international students
- Learn about Canadian culture and expectations in the classroom
- Learn about the International Health Insurance plan
- Find out where to go for immigration & settlement questions
All new international students must attend the International Student Orientation AND the New Student Orientation event. More details coming soon.
If you’re living in residence this September, be sure to attend the Residence Orientation. We’ll help you get settled into your new accommodations, learn the ins and outs of living on campus, and become a part of the Residence Community.
More details to come!
Welcome Week events
Celebrate the start of your academic year! Welcome Week includes mandatory orientation events for all students, with specific activities for Residence Students, International Students, and New Students.
- Welcome Week: September 8-11, 2020. For more information contact Student Services.
- Fall New Student Orientation: A virtual event will be held the week of September 1, 2020. All materials will be accessible on Populi. For more information contact Student Services.
- International Student Orientation: A virtual event will be held the week of September 1, 2020. All materials will be accessible on Populi. For more information, contact Student Services.
- Residence Orientation: TBA. For more information, contact Student Services.
- Winter New Student Orientation: TBA. For more information contact Student Services